Terminal ANS Unit Rate
Terminal unit rates represent the unit price paid by airspace users, mainly commercial airlines, for the air navigation services provided, mainly air traffic control.
Terminal ANS unit rates are defined in the Annex V of the EC 1794/2006 Charging Scheme Regulation (European Commission 2006) (all references below refer to articles of this regulation):
2. Calculation of terminal unit rates
2.1. The terminal unit rate shall be calculated before the beginning of each year of the reference period.
2.2. It shall be calculated by dividing the forecast number of total Terminal ANS Service Unit for the relevant year into the algebraic sum of the following elements:
- the determined costs of the relevant year,
- the application of the difference between forecasted and actual inflation as referred to in Article 6(1),
- the carry-overs resulting from the implementation of the traffic risk-sharing referred to in Article 11a(2) to (7) ,
- the carry-overs from the previous reference period resulting from the implementation of the cost risk-sharing referred to in Article 11a(8),
- bonuses and penalties resulting from the financial incentives referred to in Article 12(2),
- for the first two reference periods, the over or under recoveries incurred by Member States up to the year preceding the application of this Regulation to terminal charges,
- a deduction of the costs of VFR flights as identified in Article 7(4).